Friday, June 21, 2013

Uncertainty

I don't know where to begin. I don't even know why i'm here. Questions! All questions. All they ever do is ask me things that I can't even answer: I don't know what to do!

But I still creep onto your skin, like an infant seeking its mother. I have nowhere else to go, and it's not I that can abandon you it's only you that can abandon me. Only you that can free yourself from me; but oh sweet child, are you that cruel to leave me behind, here in this dark place? Surely, I deserve some .. sympathy.

No no! Not her! She's dead! Do you see her alter here? No? .. Yes, she's gone. She won't be bothering anybody anymore.

All they ever have to say about me is bad things, like i'm some kind of an abomination! But we can't change who we are; No - Never! Neither can I.

Don't you see? I was the one that helped you! Had it been not me, you would've been harmed, worse, even dead! When making tough choices, it was I, Uncertainty, that helped you.

Now now, Uncertainty - lest you forget, I exist too. I, Fear! I was there when the boy was going to plunge himself towards his untimely demise! 

No! Mother had been cruel when she plunged you and me together. I will have no part of it!! It is only by mere fate that you and me are in the same body!

Yet, here we stand. Where are your manners? Oh brother of mine? This boy must not be allowed to think that we are in a struggle. You must know, we are in this together.

I think the time the boy chooses is near. He won't stay at Origins for long. He will ask questions - questions that can be answered later.

You are right.

Listen boy; Choose me, and I can give you a life of safety. My brothers and sisters; all they'll offer you is promises, but I, I alone can ensure your safety. Uncertainty and Fear will keep you away from trouble, and danger - even death!

Come, take our hand and we can ensure that no demise ever befalls you. Safely tuck yourself in our depths and forget that the world you know exists.

Yes, come and live with Fear. Whoever heard of death with Fear? Whoever indeed..

Go now but be back quick. We will be waiting.

~ Fear and Uncertainty.

Origins: Ambition (Start here)
Origins: Fear and Uncertainty*

* You are here.

1 comment:

  1. Improvised rambling; a stream of thought we tend to meticulously avoid.

    ReplyDelete